[3830] Makrothen RTTY K9YC SO/Single Xcvr HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 13 16:43:59 EDT 2019

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: SCV

Total:  306  Total Score = 1,224,062

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Like the Stew Perry, the Makrothen is a great idea that lacks critical mass,
thanks to failure of its sponsor to promote it. 15 QSOs per hour from a very
good station doesn't cut it!  I took a nap and got up at 1:30 am to work JAs,
and they were all working Oceania DX. I made 12 QSOs in 90 minutes.

There was a saying among the great vaudeville comedians that when they showed up
to perform at a venue and the audience was thin that "the must have snuck
into town," meaning that the promoter who had hired them had failed to
advertise (promote) the event. This is a large part of the problem with
Makrothen. The failure extends to clubs like NCCC, of which I am a member.

73, Jim K9YC