[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 16 10:33:53 EDT 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 16

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP20XW

Total:  56  Mults = 50  Total Score = 2,800

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Probably one of my better scores! 14 MHz was good
when compared to many weeks of the recent past...
Made a two lengths coax line option in front of the
tuner to keep voltages down on 7 MHz, but noticed
that still the key component is the one at the max.
voltage due to SWR. Finally it will be safest to
pull a length of coax from the vertical, that will
not show a high voltage at any one frequency on its
end. This is the price to pay while trying to do all
with one vertical while keeping it running healthy. My
first QSO on 40 m with Spas LZ1HW was interrupted by
a flash-over... To keep losses at a minimum the new
coax will be a 7/8 hard-line, maybe 12 meters long,
together with a 18 m tall vertical.... Cheers/73,
Zaba OH1ZAA CWops #1856