[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 17 23:28:46 EDT 2019

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 18

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

  160:   6      5
   80:  14     12
   40:  18     15
   20:  18     14
   15:   6      4
Total:  62     50  Total Score = 3,100

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Not sure but this might be a PR for me.  With a real "bee hive"
warming up on 21.040, the band was open from coast to coast. I got six quickies
out of that group, missing several I'm sure. Had 26 QSOs in the first ten
minutes (13 and 13) and had dreams of a "six" in front for the night,
and for the first time in a long time, I didn't fall into a tar pit on 80 and
160. Well, I did on 160 but after another good night (for me) on 80. I actually
beat out my buddy KZ5D to someone on 80, and that's rare.

Five minute segments: 13, 13, 9, 10, 8, 9, 8 and 9 with a lucky three in the
last minute thanks to NA5G (160), N4DW (80) and a really fortunate last second
QSO start with W0BH on 160. Wow!

Thanks to K9BGL and KW8N for four baggers and to W9RE (crushingly loud on 15),
N3QE, N4DW, NA8V, KZ5D, VE3YT, NA5G, and "the Judge," .. K4BAI for
three baggers.

What a lot of fun, and it was fun to have a very favorable propagation spotlight
here. Thanks to all the FB ops.

73, Jim N3BB