[3830] Oceania CW VK3MI SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 18 20:43:00 EDT 2019

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VK3MI
Operator(s): VK3MI
Station: VK3MI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VK3

  160:    6     5
   80:   21    17
   40:  174   128
   20:   75    64
   15:    8     6
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  284   220  Total Score = 284,020

Club: Eastern and Mountain District Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for another fun contest and all the QSOs! I operated portable style from
a farm rental stay to get away from the city QRN and have some room to set up
antennas. However all did not go to plan! I was unable to start until around
10:00 due to a fault in the FLEX-6300 radio that prevented it from booting up. I
also had to finish early at 01:00 when my laptop (driving the radio and logging)
failed. The high point was working R4RE on 160M at sunrise - a real surprise
considering I was running low power and had only managed to work local VK and ZL
stations on 160M overnight.

RADIO: FLEX-6300 80W + WriteLog

ANTENNAS:
160M: inverted L - 2 x elevated radials
80M: 1/4 wave vertical - 2 x elevated radials
40M-10M: horizontal multi-band dipole @ 20mh + multi-band vertical dipole