[3830] TBDC VE3CV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 20 08:23:33 EDT 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Varna
Operating Time (hrs): 7:35

Total:  QSOs = 122  Total Score = 658

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Spend Friday laying down a 3rd BOG/mini Beverage. 200ft mounted 1 ft off the
ground facing SW/NW and unterminated for bidirectional use.  Now use 3 BOGS N/S,
E/W, and NE/SW to defeat my wind generator tower noise on the TX antenna.  I
find getting them off the ground really helps....no preamp needed.  But there IS
the tripping hazard!  So only contest temporary for the new BOG as it cuts
across the yard and I have to cut the lawn one more time.  Still have the corn
all around me, so no winter Beverages yet...will have them up for the real
Stew.

Great to work Europe.. a real pipeline into Lithuania with3 LYs in the log.  No
VK/ZL/JA/KH6 heard this morning, but worked VP6R split last night for best DX
and 28 pointer, if he is allowed.  Nice to work OX/OZ1LXJ.  All S and P effort,
so the bunch of 10 pointers from the west coast this morning really helped.

Some good races on contestonlinescore.com kept me in the chair.  Great fun!
Thanks to Boring Club for this great 4 times contest for testing the TB prop and
antennas.  Congrats to Brian VE3MGY for showing us what is possible if you RUN!
I just like trolling and spinning the dial too much....
See you the Stew!
73
Jeff VE3CV

K3 100W
TX Antenna: 80m ladderline fed doublet at 55ft apex used as top loaded vertical
with 16 radial around my steel workshop.