[3830] JARTS K7VAP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 20 22:50:12 EDT 2019

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: K7VAP
Operator(s): K7VAP
Station: K7VAP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:    8     5
   20:  177    38
   15:    7     6
Total:  192    49  Total Score = 21,560

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I didn't get to work very long due to work.  But, I always find this contest
interesting because of the ages.  I think it would be interesting to see the
statistics for the entire contest.  It would be helpful to take the pulse of the
contesting group.

These statistics for my operation are not counting the exchange of
"99" (club stations) or "00" (YL).

Youngest: 32
Oldest: 85
Most frequent age: 65 (13 times)
Second most frequent age: 71 (12 times)
Average Age:66.95

Only one operator that I worked was younger than me (35) and that was CO2AME at
32.

I was really hoping to see activity from people my age, but it was really
lacking.  I kind of hope that perhaps some more contests start to create
different categories.  I know I don't have the time or station to win a single
op category, but if there was a four or eight hour operation category...I could
have a chance.

Something like that could also give other people with my setup and commitments a
chance also.

But, it was still a fun way to spend part of a Sunday.