[3830] CQWW SSB AB2E SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 19:46:07 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NJ

  160:   17     6       10
   80:  126    13       62
   40:  132    23       68
   20:  228    22       86
   15:  125    17       67
   10:    5     3        3

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig:IC-7800/Acom 2000A
Antennas: all wires.
160m Inverted L, @90ft
75m dipole @ 85ft
40m delta loop @ 70ft
20m delta loop @ 70ft
10m/15m homebrew fan dipole@ 70ft.

I set a modest goal of 1meg points, and would likely have made it were it not
for a 6 hour power failure late Sunday morning local time until almost 5P, which
made me miss a lot of good stuff on 15/20. Still happy with the results and am
pleased with the number of mults I was able to work. 75M was my strong band, and
I felt strong there, getting many on the first call.
Highlight was getting VP6R on 3 bands with wires. D4C only station in the log on
6 bands. Only a few others on 5 bands, including PJ4K, V26B, KP2M, and a large
number of stations on 4 bands, including HR9/N3AD, P40W, P40T, and TI7W.

Conditions were gruesome FRI evening from the solar event. Picked up on Sat, and
Sat night made up for most of what I would have worked on Fri night.

Now, have to get to work for CQWW CW. Need to add a dedicated antenna for 80,
either a delta loop or high dipole.

Thanks to all for the QSOs, see you in the CW test!
73 Darrell AB2E