[3830] CQWW SSB KB0EO SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 20:00:08 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 11:25

   80:    7     6        6
   40:   64    18       39
   20:  194    27       82
   15:   94    18       49
   10:   10     6        8

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was the first test of my station at the new QTH in Kilkenny, MN. The tower
is 20 feet shorter than my QTH at Northfield, due to the geometry of my lot.
However, that did not seem to impact RX/TX. I reached my objective of 250,000
points, but disappointing on the number of zones - welcome to the low point of
the sunspot cycle.

Very odd propagation with one-way the norm for big chunks of time. EU was
booming in on 20, but they couldn't hear me until about 3 or 4 hours after
sunrise. 10 meters popped open to South America for a short time Saturday
afternoon - everyone was worked that I could hear. I'm not a big fan of 80 meter
SSB, so spent little time with that battle. I worked V55A on 40 meters just
before the end of the contest - the Optibeam is working great at its new home.

I heard a lot of MWA folks - good to hear my neighbor down the road, Charlie
NG0C.

Let's hope the bands pick up by CQWW CW next month.

73 and good luck!

Dan - KB0EO
Kilkenny, MN