[3830] CQWW SSB AE6JV SOSB20 Classic QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 20:03:42 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: AE6JV
Operator(s): AE6JV
Station: AE6JV

Class: SOSB20 QRP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Peterborough, NH

   20:  13     4        9
Total:  13     4        9  Total Score = 481

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The movers are 5 days late delivering our stuff, so my K3 is in limbo. I used my
KX3 and selected QRP since 15 watts didn't seem to be a big improvement.
(Perhaps the 4-5 dB would have helped.)

I set up my usual Peterborough QRP antenna configuration, end fed 40M, K9YC 30M,
and 2 element wire beam 20M aimed at EU.

I spent the Friday evening (Eastern US timezone) on 40M, but made no QSOs. I
managed to eke out 2 QSOs on Saturday, both with struggles to get my call and
zone across. (Thanks CS5SS and OH0W for hanging with me.) Sunday morning started
out the same, with OQ5M and DL1QQ being kind enough to work to get the data.
Then the bands seemed to get better, and I actually made some QSOs like I had a
real signal.

The upside is it is really fun when you actually make a QSO. And OH0 and OX are
ATNOs. And I actually made a QSO with Sandy, DL1QQ who I knew from our meeting
at Vasalia.