[3830] CQWW SSB K8AJS SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 20:20:47 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: OH

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    3     3        3
   40:   25    11       19
   20:  185    18       64
   15:   68    13       37
   10:    0     0        0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Running low power in CQ WW SSB made me feel that much of the time I was just
QRM. It's hard to compete with all of the high-power people, and in this one,
whether it was bad propagation or whatever, there were times when the pile had
dwindled, nobody else was calling, and the station I wanted STILL couldn't hear
me. Somewhat disheartening, to say the least.

BUT, there were other times when it wasn't so bad, and I was able to work some
people and feel happy to be there. I didn't wind up with an earthshaking score,
but it was good enough to make me feel the time spent BIC was worth it.

To everyone who could actually hear me, thanks for the QSOs!

Rig: Elecraft K3 w/P3 100 watts
Antennas: 204-ft G5RV, 3 ele quad
Software: N1MM Logger+ v1.0.7977.0