[3830] CQWW SSB VE6WZ SO(A)SB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 21:01:26 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Remote Operation

   40:  391    20       45

Flex 6600, Acom 2000a, 2 el Yagi at 32 m. (remote set-up 100km from my home
QTH)

I knew condx were going to be poor, but I had a plan....I decided to go with
40m, and figured I would run NA at the start of the contest to build up a Q
base, and then if the band opened up to EU, I would be ready for the mults.
Anyway....that didn't work too good. The band never really opened up to EU.
Those EU I could hear, could not copy me. I should have just watched TV. In fact
I did end up watching a movie and going to bed by 11 pm local both nights. Even
EU on the morning LP were weak and couldn't hear me. Asia was also weak, but OC
was solid as usual.

I am not a committed contester, but I have great respect for those that stay in
the chair and grind out those Q's when conditions are poor.  It takes great
discipline and commitment.  Congrats to those that pushed through it.

Lets hope this coronal hole burns out....it has to eventually, right?

thanks to all who called me, and heard me.

73, de steve ve6wz