[3830] CQWW SSB V49V M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 21:07:37 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: V49V
Operator(s): AA4V N4SF AA4VT W4GE
Station: V49V

Class: M/S HP
QTH: St Kitts

  160:   65    11       24
   80:  432    19       70
   40:  421    21       82
   20:  442    18       76
   15:  236    18       70
   10:   43     8       15

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Our DXpedition to St. Kitts was different from our previous forays into the
Caribbean.  First we had air conditioning at John's V47JA) QTH, Second, we had
antenna's already put up, and comfortable beds. And finally St. Kitts is a
bustling community with many fine dining opportunities.  Unfortunately, Murphy
had insinuated himself into our luggage and managed to give us a bit of bother.
Connections and couplers had a mind of their own with regard to function and
breakdown with added power.  Then there was the interference caused by closely
spaced antennas on a small lot.  Then, there was the brand new amp that died.
Finally there was the band conditions that were not kind to a moderately
powered, low-antenna station.

But we had fun, and that's what counts!

Rick, David, Gay, and Steve
W4GE, AA4VT, N4SF, AA4V