[3830] CQWW SSB N2VW SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 21:22:10 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N2VW
Operator(s): N2VW
Station: N2VW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: SNJ

  160:   13     4        5
   80:   37     9       24
   40:   38    14       34
   20:   13     4        5
   15:   12     7       11

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

"Murphy" seems to have taken up residence at the N2VW home with a
vengeance.

Checked out the station early in the week. All working up to par. Shortly after
that my 94 year-old wife, N2CIS, got tangled up in her walker and fell. Rescue
squad to hospital ER. Diagnosis Broken Hip. Surgery went well. Now in rehab
facility.

Decided to get a few hours on the air. First hour fine then N1MM+,the computer,
the exciter and the amp all stopped talking to each other! Wasn't able to get it
corrected. Spent available time operating Stone Age style. At least didn't need
paper logs or dupe sheets.

Did I mention that en route to the hospital, the Check Engine Light came on and
is still on?

Contesting is fun. Contesting is fun. Contesting is fun. I keep telling myself.