[3830] CQWW SSB KK1L SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 22:06:38 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KK1L
Operator(s): KK1L
Station: KK1L

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 20:46

  160:   11     5        7
   80:   86    15       54
   40:   94    16       49
   20:  541    22       93
   15:  149    15       48
   10:    0     0        0

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I have rarely operated contests over the past several years having focused on
family and other things (while the station became less and less functional). A
new to me radio (traded a TS-850 in for a FT-1000MP) and refurbished antennas
(one antenna per HF band...no tri-band stack anymore) gave me the opportunity to
play again. I picked and chose time based on my duties as a father, but was able
to be on for most of the hours of a 24 hour cycle (spread across the 48). I did
not aggressively look for opportunities to run and was semi-casual unassisted
S&P enamored (maybe re-enamored) by DX for most of my 21 hrs. I had a great
time! I took the opportunity to play with the features and get used to the radio
under contest conditions. Some work really well and the functions are FAR better
than my old 850. A 20th century radio to be sure, but I like it! I had a really
fun 2:15hrs of running on 20m, a 30min run on 15m, and plenty of 1st calls or
nearly first in the pileups. I am looking forward to ARRL DX where VT is not
just another "5" :)

Thanks to folks trotting all over the globe to put all kinds of stations on the
air...great fun.

FT-1000MP into Dentron 160-10L (800~1200W)
Inv-V at 85' for 160m/80m
XM-240 at 96' for 40m
Bencher/DXE 3x10 Skyhawk at 88' for 20m/15m/10m

73 es God Bless