[3830] CQWW SSB VY2ZM(K1ZM) SOSB160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 05:18:17 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: SOSB160 HP
QTH: PEI

  160:  886    21       83

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Given the expected propagation, I decided not to kill myself with an all-band
effort and went single band 160m instead.

Miserable conditions the first night and the start of the second night's opening
was delayed here by absorption for nearly two hours.

In the end, things turned for the better midway into Saturday night allowing a
decent score.  My sense is that had propagation been at least more
"normal" there is still some headroom in score potential from here on
this band.  I was hoping to test the ceiling on this band from here in Eastern
NA - but this was not the year(with the right kind of conditions) to do that.

MANY THANKS to all who called in  -  it was so nice to meet many old friends.

Especially noteworthy was having two very familiar callsigns call in -  W2YV (a
memorial to Dave Horbachuk, W2HHC (SK)) and also W1OO (a memorial to Lanny
Bailey ex K1RQE who is also a (SK).

CU in the next one!

73 JEFF   VY2ZM (K1ZM)
Monticello, PEI