[3830] CQWW SSB J68MD M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 05:45:00 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: J68MD
Operator(s): J68MD KM2L AA4FL K4RLC N2HIW
Station: J68MD

Class: M/S LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   10     4        8
   80:   11     5        6
   40:  961    22       71
   20:  870    27       64
   15:  514    20       50
   10:  195    11       13

Club: MARCO-Medical Amateur Radio Council

Comments:

Our group, all members of the Medical Amateur Radio Council (MARCO), had a
wonderful time outside the contest in this tropical paradise. KN2M had operated
from here previously with N2HIW and look forward to returning. The other ops
were new to J6 but some had participated in other DX destination activity.  We
are planning other mini-DXpeditions to other destinations as well.  Now for the
run down.

We are sorry there was such limited low band participation.  We had planned an
all out HP operation on all bands.  Many frustrations were encountered, however.
 Our only amplifier became inoperative about 6 hours prior to the contest after
working flawlessly all week prior to that.  We were forced to put up and use a
portable yagi on a tripod Saturday AM when the feedline to our main HF antenna
developed a high VSWR.  In working on that problem, the low band antennas were
lost to us.  Ten meters RF in the computer caused a loss of USB ports and we
were forced to rebuild the logs Saturday evening when mouse and transceiver were
no longer recognized.  Yikes!  Lots of downtime here troubleshooting and making
repairs.

Our team looks forward to the next adventure!