[3830] CQWW SSB KP3Z(NP4Z) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 22:15:11 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KP3Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: KP3Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Select State

  160:   93    10       30
   80:  405    15       61
   40: 1449    26       97
   20: 1126    24       85
   15: 1528    23       91
   10:   77    16       40

Club: Los chachos

Comments:

I found propagation to be better than last year, but to be fair the station
improvements had been big. This year expecting the conditions to be bad decided
not
to worry about pt per qso and just focus on mult hunting and running USA.
Not sure if it was the best option but it sure made the runs more enjoyable and

allowed me to keep my freq. but that kept my pt per Qso at only 21% vs over 45%
normally. Highlites people moving willingly, thanks Craig VP9I for all those
bands moves.. yes I begged a little! particularly when there were tons of Kp4's
around giving the mult.
It was great spending the week before the contest with Andy and Randy at V4
getting the station ready, I must admit it was lots of fun while keeping
ourselves motivated for the contest.

The addition of the full wave dipoles for 80 and 160 at both towers at 100Ft
made a huge difference, also the 2 el force 12 40 mtrs yagi is fully rotatable
at 110ft.
and new JK antennas for the stacks worked well.

CU in CW where the caribbean is boiling with competitive operations, for you
guys in USA and EU there are plenty of radio friendly ISlands available in the
caribbean and many airbnbs to choose from, come and join in the fun!

CU in CW!

73's
Felipe Los chachos contest club!