[3830] CQWW SSB ZF1A M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 23:01:36 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: ZF1A
Operator(s): NK7U K7ZO N9JA N6WIN K6JO JH1NBN W9KKN NN1C N6MJ
Station: ZF1A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ZF

  160:   254    13       34
   80:  1334    23       91
   40:  2749    27      114
   20:  3164    31      117
   15:  2379    26      113
   10:   120    15       27
-------------------------------

A huge thank you to Andrew, ZF1EJ and CARS for hosting us for the week.  We had
a very ambitious plan to do quite a bit of antenna upgrades and station upgrades
this year as we had a lot of operators.  Unfortunately there was a shipping and
then customs delay in receiving our antennas so it put us behind.  We all came
together as a team and built 3 new antennas and had them installed just thirty
minutes before the contest.

We also had a full new compliment of Low Band Systems stack matches, triplexers
and quadplexers to give us access to all the antennas on all bands.  We truly
asked a lot of our inside setup crew and they exceeded our expectations,
finishing just minutes before the start of the contest.

We have been eagerly following the Team Exuberance youth movement. In similar
spirit, we were able to bring down two youth members of ham radio, NN1C and
K6JO, who provided both tower climbing and shack setup skills to our team in
addition to their operating skills. It is great to see their youthful motivation
to continue this great hobby!

We were also lucky to have Icom provide us with their national sales manager and
fellow team member, Ray N9JA, who provided lots of mechanical knowledge and 4
IC7610's that were used during the contest. The radios worked great and everyone
was very happy with their performance.

We feel it would be remiss to mention how amazingly well DX Engineering met so
many of our needs to provide timely shipment and technical support. They not
only took a business approach to our orders, but truly a personal approach in
keeping up with post sales support.

As always, chief Skunkworks guru, John K6AM, was there to support our effort
pre, during, and post contest. Even though he wasn't physically with us he is a
core member of our operations.

Conditions weren't great, but we made the most of it.  We had a very talented
team and everyone proved to be an extremely valuable asset.  The plan is to
continue doing these M/2's for this contest for many years to come.  It is a
great excuse to spend great quality time with a bunch of great friends.

Thanks to all of those who called in!

73,

Dan N6MJ for team ZF1A