[3830] CQWW SSB VE7FO SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 29 04:14:32 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Vanouver
Operating Time (hrs): 8:55

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   18     7        7
   40:   28     9       15
   20:   67    16       23
   15:    0     0        0
   10:    0     0        0

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Terrible cndx.  Mostly S&P as few responses to my attempts to run.  Lots of
folks were pretty loud but couldn't hear my Alpha 9500.  Not used to that!

A bit of an amusing (now) start.  Couldn't remember if 160 was one of the
allowed bands so looked up the rules.  Yep, it is.  I was a little puzzled by
the fact the contest date was shown as being in 2020.  Oh well, guess the
sponsor made a mistake.  So set up the contest in N1MM as usual and finally got
to the point where I could call someone.  Caused some puzzlement when I
announced my exchange as "59 Bravo Charlie".  "Uhh... I need your
zone.  Guess you're in Zone 3, right?"  Well, that explained why the fields
in the entry window seemed so odd.  I had set up for ARRL DX!!  Didn't take long
to fix but felt a little sheepish.

Spent a lot of time rearranging things in the shack.

Finally got a bit of a JA run in the last hour.

Haven't done much contesting in the last couple of years but going to try to hit
it hard this year.  I've set myself a goal of averaging at least 1M points for
each of the ten major contests which count for the PNW DX Challenge, a regional
contest among six Canadian and American Clubs here in the Pacific South West.
As you can see from my score I have a long way to go.

Thanks to all for persevering until they got my call.

See you in Sweepstakes.

73, Jim  VE7FO