[3830] WWDigi N1EN SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 1 00:18:30 EDT 2019

                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    2     1
   80:   33    11
   40:   36     6
   20:   45    16
   15:    4     3
   10:    1     0
-------------------
Total:  121    37  Total Score = 7,178

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Played here and there out of curiosity.  I have mixed thoughts about FT* modes
-- they're great for playing with propagation and collecting Q's for the log
while multi-tasking, but I hate the messiness of the watering holes.

I had hoped that the organizers' encouragement to use 10kHz on each contest band
would encourage others to spin the VFO and spread out, but my attempts at
running with my dial set at 082 or 083 were generally boring.  Perhaps instead
of sending a grid with the CQ, the standard sequence should be revised to send
the significant digits of the dial frequency, to give a others a clue as to
where you're listening, and perhaps encourage spreading out?

Still, the FT4 tx length made for some nice runs when I could get a space at the
trough.

The "10 meter" 0-point Q was actually a 6m contact, included in the
log because I didn't want to fight with switching over to my general log.

N1MM - WSJT-x integration still has some rough edges, but it worked well enough
for a first run of a big-ish FT contest.