[3830] WWDigi KM4SII SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 1 03:00:13 EDT 2019

                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KM4SII

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC

   15:    1     1
Total:  347    56  Total Score = 28,000

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

A fun contest despite relatively poor conditions! I started off well and
maintained 4th place in the LP category on the online scoreboard for a while
before the going got slow and the bigger-guns passed me :-)

15 and 10m were non-existent here and 20m was primarily stateside. There weren't
all that many EU worked due to the G2 solar storm. The low bands were decent,
however, and quite a bit of DX was worked even with my very modest antennas.

The temporary 80m dipole, a mere 15 feet off the ground, performed very well and
netted a number of DX QSOs into EU/SA.

Really enjoyed this one, especially the distance-based scoring. Went QRT at 2:30
AM local when I ran out of people to work.

73 Mason - KM4SII (16 years old)

Rig: Yaesu FT-450d
Power: 90w (80/40/15m); 50w (20m)
Antennas: Dipole at 25 ft (40m); Dipole at 15 ft (80m); Delta Loop at 65 ft
(20/15m)