[3830] CWOpen N1LN HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 8 07:45:22 EDT 2019

                    CWops CW Open - 2000Z-2359Z

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC

  160:   12     0
   80:   69     6
   40:  178   101
   20:  175   167
Total:  434   274  Total Score = 118,916

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

OK, now we are talking - with BOTH K3(s).  The fix was quick and only required
replacing the D25 diode in the K3 front end. Good to have spare parts. I think I
blew it up when doing a retune on my two ACOM 2000A amps by NOT changing the
last tuned band / frequency on K3 left while tuning ACOM right on K3 right. POW
goes D25!  Dumb Bruce.....

This was a fun Session and great to be back in SO2R mode. Contestonlinescore
made it even more fun to watch the horse chase between Nate (N4YDU) and me. Much
to my surprise and delight I was hanging right with him until the end when he
just walked away from me.  Also good to actually have 20 meters strong into
Europe. Would have liked to get a few Region 3 calls in the log, but guess the
propagation was not there from the US east coast.

Thanks for the 12 hours of fun, the outstanding participation in the 2019 CW
Open.

73,
Bruce N1LN
CW Open Manager