[3830] NA Sprint CW W2RQ HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 8 09:05:19 EDT 2019

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: W2RQ
Operator(s): W2RQ
Station: W2RQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NJ

   80:   99       1
   40:   99      13
   20:   65      25
---------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Team: Morse Men

Comments:

Was hoping for better outcome after antenna improvements and repairs since last
September and working thru the firs 90 minutes of the Feb Sprint.  Didn't help
that my 20 meter antenna was pointed due NORTH for the first 30 minutes or so
before I realized that.  Then it seemed like the bands, particularly 80, just
crapped out for the last 45 minutes or so.  Did not hear ANY VE stations other
than VE5MX (Thanks!), nor VT, RI, DE, KY, AR, ID, NV, UT, WV, NE, ND this time.
All sending manually, no time to get keying interface working.  But....enjoyed,
except for the last 45 minutes of drudgery