[3830] CWopsT NT6Q(N5ZO) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 11 10:31:29 EDT 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Sep 11

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

Total:  122  Mults = 108  Total Score = 13,176

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Slep late and got into shack couple minutes late this morning.  I found band
packed but plenty of room below 7028, so decided to call there.  But I met some
primitive lifeform whose only mission was try to interfere with me.  Fortunately
lowlife got confused when I started to use 2 frequencies there below 028 and
eventually gave up or thought something better to do.  There was not much going
on below 028 at first (counted around 7 signals where my spectrum display ended
around 020).  Eventually few more CWT regulars showed up down to 025.  I propose
that we just take over the band 3 times a week down to 020.  It will relive some
congestion we have during those 3 weekly hours especially on 40 m.  We better
use this spectrum we have or we will loose it from the hobby.  For me it looks
like there is not much use of HF ham bands these days except few digital freqs
where spectrum is used very efficiently when there is special event such as
CWT.
73 de Marko N5ZO