[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W9KXI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 16 13:42:09 EDT 2019

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2019

Call: W9KXI
Operator(s): W9KXI
Station: W9KXI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:    3     3
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  103    62  Total Score = 9,300

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

>From my valley location in FN12ne – I had two primary objectives for this
contest:
1. Have Fun.  When it stops being Fun, or it feels like Work…Stop.  Take a
Break.
and
2. To have at least 3 Q's on 23cm.  [But... FIVE would be really really nice.]

I operated both days.  I found that any enhancement was…. limited, Very
limited….if at all.  For 6M (99% digital) …, there were No “4's” or
“5's” in my log.  None.

For me, the ON4KST chat page continues to be a “+”… and because of it, I
had 2 of my 3 Q's on 1296. 3 Q's!  All three Q’s were 200+ miles.  I was
…ECSTATIC!!!!  I am still doing my Happy Dance, even today.

Nothing broke! (In spite of operator error.)

At 10:15pm Sunday, I "hung it up". I was tired.