[3830] TxQP AD4EB SO CW Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 18 00:56:10 EDT 2019

                    Texas QSO Party - 2019

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB KI4HVY
Station: AD4EB

Class: SO CW Mobile LP
QTH: Texas

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  2070    0       0  Mults = 102  Total Score = 677,420

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Score computation:

2070 QSOs * 3 for CW = 6210 Points
48 Counties + 47 State/Prov + 7 DX = 102 Mults

43 Counties Driven * 1000 = 43,000 Bonus Points
KS5A/M(6) + N4CD/M(8)= 1,000 Bonus Points

(6210 * 102) + 43000 + 1000 = 677,420 Total Score
Another fantastic TXQP, it was certainly worth the drive from Tennessee.
Everything went off without a hitch.  Weather was perfect, roads were good, and
Melody kept us on schedule getting all 43 planned counties in.

This was our second time mobile in the TXQP, the last time was in 2010.  We
ended up with 2071 contacts in that contest, and strange enough ended up with
2070 contacts this year (both before log checking).  This year we ended up with
less county multipliers for some reason.

We had much better rates on Sunday, averaging 155 QSOs/hr versus 95 QSOs/hr on
Saturday. Seemed like propagation worse on Saturday, and having multiple
contests taking place may have impacted Saturday’s results.  Best hour was 238
QSOs, likely a new record for me.  Missed ND,ME,AK,MT,WY and only worked BC, ON,
and QC Canadian stations.  There were 342 unique callsigns in the log, lots of
new ones to me (possibly new CWOps recruits?).

These are the station who worked us the most:

K4AMC(42)
W6OAT(42)
K0PC(41)
N6MU(38)
K3WJV(36)
K9CW(35)
WA6KHK(33)
DL3DXX(32)
W8BZY(32)
W9DC(32)
N4ARO(30)

DX stations worked were:

DL3DXX(32)
DL8USA(9)
HA8IB(8)
HI8A(5)
DL5AWI(4)
JO7WXN(4)
DL4FN(3)
F5FJ(2)
XE1IM(2)
SM5COP(1)
SM6CUK(1)
SM6YNO(1)

This year we used APRS (APRSduino app on a cellphone), so those who wanted to
could track our position. We also published our estimated county entering times
on QRZ.com, which we stayed very close to. It was very evident that DL3DXX and
N6MU took advantage of these, as they were almost always one of the first to
work us in each county.

Thanks to everyone who worked us, you were all excellent and courteous CW
operators.  Some of the pileups got really large, thanks much for your patience.
 Special thanks to the TQP Committee, NO5W Chuck, and most importantly Melody,
who was willing to drive me around for 2 days and 851 miles in Texas.

73 – Jim – AD4EB and Melody – KI4HVY