[3830] Salmon Run W6OAT SOCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 23 00:04:10 EDT 2019

                    Washington State Salmon Run - 2019

Call: W6OAT
Operator(s): W6OAT
Station: W6OAT

Class: SOCW HP
QTH: Kitsap
Operating Time (hrs): 23:00

----------------------------
Total:  880     0       0  Mults = 123  Total Score = 325,220

This was my first Salmon Run and I thought conditions were terrible.  With the
exception of one skew path QSO made with K5CM on 15m, all my contacts on 15, 10
and 6 meters were made with locals. There were a few good, but short, runs on 20
and 40m.  I spent most of the contest calling unanswered CQs.  Two highlights of
the contest for me were discovering the number of locals I can work from my  new
QTH, and chasing the N7WA mobile around the state picking up a lot of
rare-county multipliers that I never would have worked otherwise.  I'm already
looking forward to next year when hopefully we'll have some high band
propagation.