[3830] ARRL Sep VHF AF1R/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 25 01:55:05 EDT 2019

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2019

Call: AF1R/R
Operator(s): AF1R
Station: AF1R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  27     10
    2:  25      8
  222:  18      6
  432:  17      6
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  87     30  Total Score = 3,660

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

10 hours and 440 miles of driving to activate 6 grids over the weekend. Gave 11
lucky contestants the rare FN51 grid (operated from Marconi Beach!)
Woke up late on Sunday and rushed to get on Kearsarge and Pack Monadnock before
the roads closed in the late afternoon. I only had 30 minutes on Monadnock. When
I got to the summit I pulled out my log book and simultaneously my SSB radio
died. Nothing happened when I tried the power switch. I pulled out the powerpole
cable and plugged it back in again. Still nothing. I had brought fuses, but they
were buried deep in a box in the back of the car. I finally swapped the power
cable with my FM radio which brought my SSB rig back to life. Lost five valuable
minutes.
Got rained on (got soaked!) while disassembling my antennas Saturday night at my
last grid, but Sunday was beautiful.
I was the driver, antenna erection and disassembly crew, score keeper and radio
operator, in other words a solo effort. Every contact was on SSB.
I'd like to thank AF1T and W1FKF for giving me QSOs in every grid.