[3830] CQ WW RTTY IQ2CJ(IT9RGY) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 30 14:39:50 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: IQ2CJ
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IK2YCW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:

   80:  542       15      66    17
   40:  848       39      98    30
   20:  843       49     100    34
   15:  182        2      56    18
   10:   15        0      12     4
------------------------------------
Total: 2430      105     332   103  Total Score = 3,016,980

Club: ARIPA DX Team

Comments:

10 years of CQ WW RTTY in a row :)

Thanks to Claudio IK2YCW who allowed me to run this event in his super station
and thanks to ARI Cinisello for the callsign IQ2CJ :)

I had two different target for the contest: 1) to survive the 48 hours - 2) to
beat SN7Q!

After two full evenings the setup was ok and tested, so I've been even able to
sleep before the contest - that was the idea but I slept 3 hours actually.

Conditions were absolutely poor as expected but there is ALWAYS great fun beside
every CQ WW contest!
Chaising mults with that propagation is challenging and I really love the
feeling when you beat the pileup on hard mults.

80m: nice to have a proper called antenna here and not just a piece of wire
HIHI
40m: poor prop to US and AS as well, but good numbers overall
20m: some issue on Saturday didn't allow me to run properly. Some Mult from Asia
CQed in my face several minutes and I guess I've lost at least 250 Q's on this
band
15m: I didn't expect too much but it was widely open all around europe and I
even worked 2 states. NV9L was strong but no answer to my call.
10m: several QSY asked, 4 "OK" and 4 in the log! guys 10m can be magic
:)

So I've been able to run 47 hours as I had nap 30min second night while SN7Q was
QRT as well --> 1) target achieved
SN7Q beat me --> 2) target KO. At the end of the contest I had hallucinations
that limited my operations but I couldn't catch him anyway!

See you next year then! ;)

Thanks for calling me!
73 de Gabry IT9RGY