[3830] CQ WW RTTY W0LSD M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 30 15:27:33 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0BV K0TI K0TG
Station: W0LSD

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CO

   80:  365       49      14    14
   40:  733       52      50    24
   20:  911       55      72    23
   15:  125       28      21    13
   10:   28        6       9     8
------------------------------------
Total: 2162      190     166    82  Total Score = 1,501,026

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Another interesting contest near the bottom of the solar cycle. We entered this
one hoping to come close to last years score, which we did. (95%) The pleasant
surprise was the amount of Qs on 10 meters. Sat. afternoon provided some SA and
short skip openings while 15 also had its moments. The continuing problem for us
has been the lack of a EU path on 40 meters. That path is just not there,
although the AM path to AS has been decent. The signal through the auroral zone
just doesn't make it to EU.
Considering the A index predictions before the contest, we thought the
propagation was actually better than we were anticipating. The short openings
for DX makes it pretty obvious we are near or at the bottom of the cycle.
Th most pleasant surprise has to be the loud signal on 15 and 20 from VP8NO who
called us.
Hope to see all of you in the WAE in November. Thanks to all for the Qs.