[3830] 144SprngSprnt KJ5T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 6 23:59:22 EDT 2020

                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): .1

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Had no idea there was even a contest, I put my 857D on the desk last week,
hooked to a mag-mount attached to a metal shelf in my home office.  Just
happened to flip over to 2M SSB with this thing and heard K5TR.  He is only
about 50 miles away but using 50 watts into that mag-mount he heard me.

I am pretty sure this was my first ever 2M SSB contact in 19 years of ham radio.
The time on my end was 0144Z, seems appropriate for the first contact on 144Mhz.

Thanks George!  I don't usually send paper QSLs but have one ready to go when I
can get to a post office.  Maybe one day I will get real antennas for VHF/UHF.

73 and stay safe! de KJ5T