[3830] 144SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 7 21:35:08 EDT 2020

                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

Total:  QSOs = 69  Mults = 26  Total Score = 1,794

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Nice score by AC0RA/R, way to go Wyatt!

A good level of activity around the Chicago area definitely helped since
conditions seemed about average.

Of 29 different calls in my log, I managed to complete QSOs from all 4 of the
grids I visited with NINE of them for 36 total Qs (over half of my total).

Without having FT8 capability in the rover (but I did complete 4 QSOs using 'the
original digital mode', CW) and only 50 Watts to a KB6KQ omni loop mounted on
the car, my "reach" was not as far as other local rovers (and fixed
stations) but, with being able to count grids worked from EACH of the 4 grids
that I visited, working 7 of the 8 different grids multiple times netted 26
total mults.

Thanks to all who were on and to CSVHFS for their continued sponsorship of the
Spring VHF & UP Sprint series and to the program committee of KA2KQM, W0ZQ
and WB8BZK.

Until next week for the 222 MHz Sprint.

73, JK