[3830] MoQP K4TCG Multi-Op Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 7 22:55:11 EDT 2020

                    Missouri QSO Party - 2020

Call: K4TCG
Operator(s): AC6ZM WK9M W4NZ K3IE
Station: K4TCG

Class: Multi-Op Fixed HP
QTH: TN

  160:    3
   80:   27     17
   40:   63     35      1
   20:    3      1
----------------------------
Total:   96     53      1  Mults = 41  Total Score = 9,407

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

AC6ZM comments:

The Tennessee Contest Group participated as a distributed M/M Internet-worked
team using N1MM+ in network mode spread across multiple cities of the state
(Loudon, Lenoir, Chattanooga, and Brentwood). All operators were physically
located inside TN in accordance with the modified sponsor rules. We had some
technical difficulties trying to get everything to work the week before the
contest. Once we figured it out (actually a rather simple configuration) it
worked flawless for the entire contest period. QSO party sponsors are canceling
rover operations and modifying team participation due to social distancing. I
hope other QSO Party sponsors take notice and take advantage of wide area
networking and remote technologies for team participation. This experiment was
successful. Look for our lessons learned document that will be posted as a link
on the homepage of http://k4tcg.org/

W4NZ comments:

We have always used N1MM+ networking for our M/2 efforts from K0EJ’s QTH for
the CQWW and ARRL DX contests. It is also our software of choice for our
multi-transmitter ARRL Field Day and several QSO party multi-op expeditions.
Those events had all the networked stations in close proximity.  This was the
very first time that we have had ALL stations networked entirely across the
internet. It performed flawlessly for hours.