[3830] NMQP K8TE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 12 10:12:05 EDT 2020

                    New Mexico QSO Party - 2020

Call: K8TE
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Mexico

  160:
   80:    3     13
   40:  153    103
   20:  205     63
    2:          27
----------------------------
Total:  361    206      0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 63,172

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Comments:

Well that was fun!  Propagation wasn't as bad as predicted,
fortunately.  However, a lot of ops took time off for dinner
which had a big impact on my rates.  I spent a lot of time
calling CQ because very few ops spotted me.  Spotting is a huge
deal in many QSO parties!  I hope we can change the NMQP (and
others) rules to at least allow spotting others if a single op
and especially mobiles.  The State QSO Party Challenge helped
bring out more ops who might not have participated others.
Thanks for all the contacts!

With only three ?open? bands, the
maximum number of times to work any op was six.  There were three
from outside NM who worked me four times:  K1RO, K4XU, and, of
course, John, N6MU.  He lamented that I wasn't running around NM
activating counties this year.  I felt the NMQP is hardly
?essential? travel and the rules prohibited that?thanks Brian,
N5ZGT.  Nine more ops worked me three times?thanks again!  I hope
we?ll continue to see increased QSO party activity.  That makes
it a lot more fun for all.

For the regulars, we need to mentor
more casual contesters:  skip ?please copy,? don?t send dit dit
on CW or other comments on SSB after the running op sends TU or
?thanks? because that means we?re ready for another caller.
Listen to the running station working others.  Follow his or her
example which should be brief with only the necessary
information.  Listen to ensure the current QSO is finished!  I
had a larger than expected number of ops interrupt my contacts.

Finally, thanks to those who answered my ?CQ ANYONE? calls!
Without you (them), I would have had many fewer contacts.  I hope
you?ll join us contesters in a lot more events.  Good luck in the
contest!  BCNU next year.  Stay safe and healthy!  73, Bill, K8TE