[3830] GaQP W4AN/HARR Single OpMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 12 18:00:18 EDT 2020

                    Georgia QSO Party - 2020

Call: W4AN/HARR
Operator(s): W4AN
Station: W4AN/HARR

Class: Single OpMixed HP
QTH: GA

  160:   25
   80:         148
--------------------
Total:  576    148  CW Mults = 54  Ph Mults = 31  Total Score = 110,245

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, Acom 1000 and wires

I was one of the W4AN bonus stations on 160 CW/SSB,75 SSB,40 CW and 20 CW only.
I tried calling CQ on 160 SSB but no answers. I spent about 7 hours operating as
W4AN and three hours as KU8E.

Thanks to the others who volunteered to be GQP bonus stations :

W4AN - K4BAI and KT4ZB
W4NT - K4BAI, N4RJ, W6IZT, W4GKF and NI4Y

Going into GQP we didn't know what to expect because the rover stations are
always a big part of it. Both AD4EB and KN4Y had planned to come to Georgia to
activate many counties and the regulars W4AN, N4I and N4N had plans as well. It
really sucked that we weren't allowed to do these rover operations due to
COVID-19 travel restrictions in Georgia. I hope Jim (+XYL/driver Melody) and Ed
can make it next year. It turned out that the number of Georgia counties active
was probably 1/3 of what it usually is. But the activity from Georgia fixed
stations exceeded my expectations. Hat's to all the clubs in Georgia for
encouraging their members to get on the air, A big thanks to the North Fulton
Amateur League who supports the GQP in a big way every year. They were
responsible for all those 1x1 special calls you worked.

I thought the bonus station idea worked out very well. I got this idea from what
they do in the IARU contest with HQ stations at multiple locations. I know I had
some pretty big pileups on me all the time. I might look into keeping that as a
permanent fixture in the future.

A big thanks to everyone outside of Georgia who got on the air and worked us.

Everyone stay safe...

Jeff KU8E
GQP Contest Director