[3830] MiQP K8BKM Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 19 00:47:17 EDT 2020

                    Michigan QSO Party - 2020

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OAKL

   80:  163    205
   40:  147     97
--------------------
Total:  333    302  CW Mults = 76  Ph Mults = 75  Total Score = 146,168

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Comments:

I shattered my previous high score. Participation definitely was up but
multipliers were down to the the Covid-19 stay home stay safe travel ban and
MiQP rules change.

Started on 40 and alternated between phone and CW. Made a brief appearance on 20
to work some distant stations but the band just wasn't productive. Returned to
40 to continue running while I waited for 80 to open. Once 80 opened it was off
to the races. Kept alternating between phone and CW but man, there were a ton of
phone ops on 75! Made a few returns to 40 CW as the band lengthened to pick up
some western multipliers. During the day it was nearly impossible to work an MI
on 40 - in fact pretty much the only MI I worked were locals and the UP
counties. 80 was fun until later in the evening when the static level increased
significantly and made it quite difficult to copy the weaker stations. Then 80
went long and MI counties became difficult there, too.

It was great to hear all the new hams active in a contest on HF. Also nice to
hear so many familiar calls, including the return of some previous champions.

73, Tom
K8BKM