[3830] MiQP K8MR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 19 08:27:58 EDT 2020

                    Michigan QSO Party - 2020

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Florida

   80:   13
   40:   13      6
   20:   13      5
--------------------
Total:   39     11  CW Mults = 16  Ph Mults = 9  Total Score = 2,225

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was the 20th anniversary of my first mobile contest, the 2000 MiQP with
Ron, W8RU.

After 14 MiQP mobile trips, I'm now a Florida snowbird, so no more MiQP mobile
trips are likely. But I still like to check it out from the other end and help
out my friends back north.

Low power and not very good antennas don't make for great numbers, especially on
phone. 20 was never very good to MI, most of my QSOs there were just a level or
two above ESP, while at the same time guys from the NYC area were booming. It
probably didn't help either that MI folks likely kept their beams pointed west.
Took about 15 minutes to catch W8MJ (a known good op)on 20 SSB, waiting for a
slight QSB rise while he kept running stuff to his west.

I did also squeeze in some QSOs with the VE3 folks, and many games of spider
solitaire.  :-)

Hope to see you all in the Florida QSO Party next weekend, as well as the Ohio
QP in August.

73  -  Jim  K8MR/4