[3830] CQMM DX AC6ZM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 19 20:22:15 EDT 2020

                    CQMM DX Contest - 2020

Call: AC6ZM
Operator(s): AC6ZM
Station: AC6ZM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: East TN
Operating Time (hrs): 14:17

   80:
   40:  252      6
   20:  144     10
----------------------
Total:  396     16  Countries = 46  Total Score = 78,244

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

First time trying SO2R. Operated with Dueling CQ's because it felt easier to run
nd operate that way. What a blast! I particularly like that you can listen to
both rigs simultaneously then isolate the caller on the focus radio with a touch
of the Tilde key. I Operated with a single radio and mostly ran (95%) on
Saturday and operated SO2R on Sunday. I got used to SO2R pretty quickly since I
didn't have crazy pile ups. The second radio was bare foot 100 watts into a
Tri-bander while the main rig ran 1KW into a vertical and a Carolina Windom. I
never did find any multipliers of 10 % 15 meters. The high bands were just not
there from my QTH. I definitely learned a lot about operating SO2R and I'm
looking forward to operate in that mode more often. Perhaps I will try it during
the CWT's in the near future.