[3830] CQMM DX K4BAI SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 19 21:14:25 EDT 2020

                    CQMM DX Contest - 2020

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 21:32

   80:   19      0
   40:  242     18
   20:  473     27
   15:   49     27
   10:    7      7
----------------------
Total:  790     79  Countries = 76  Total Score = 428,730

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!  This contest really came into its own despite at least five other contests
competing during the same time period.  A lot of publicity combined with most of
us needing to "stay home" made it, at times, close to a CQ WW DX CW
Contest Or maybe close to a CQ WPX CW contest since you got points for working
your own country.  Had to QRT twice due to thunderstorms.  Beam got hung up SE
on Saturday and was careful not to go against the South Stop from the East since
I had had the same problem before.  That cleared up fairly quickly, but on
Sunday afternoon, while working ZL and VK on 15M, it got hung up SW and so far
won't move from that position. So from here, the beam is stuck in the most
undesirable direction, since there are few stations to work in that direction
from Georgia.  During both of the stuck periods, I used my 88' center fed zepp
to make a lot of QSOs, but it never comes close to the beam in the desired
direction.  Congrats and thanks to the organizers and thanks for all the QSOs.
73, John, K4BAI.