[3830] CQMM DX AB2E SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 19 21:18:28 EDT 2020

                    CQMM DX Contest - 2020

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NAM

   80:   15      1
   40:  253     12
   20:  376     35
   15:   15     12
   10:    0
----------------------
Total:  659     60  Countries = 75  Total Score = 354,780

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: FTDX-9000D/Acom 2000A
Antennas: all wires
160m Inverted L @100ft vertical
80m - dipole @90ft
40m - delta loop
20m - delta loop
15m/10m homebrew fan dipole @65ft

This turned out to be a hidden gem of a contest. I had made a few QSOs in this
one in previous years, but did not look at it closely. The format is different.
There is a members list of CWJF members which count as 10 points. Important to
load this into your program so you get all those 10 point stations. Prefix
multipliers for all SA, and 10 points if you are QRP, or YL (append Y or Q to
your continent). 40 and 80 double the QSO points just like CQ WPX, excellent!
That made this a great warmup for CQ WPX in May. The simple exchange also seemed
to attract a lot of casual ops (who might shy away from a serial number).
This contest will be on my list for a serious effort next year!

Quite a lot of moderately rare DX either called in or were on the air - T6AA,
EL2DT, SU9TH, 9L1YXJ, among others.

One of my best runs was the last hour on 40m, steady stream of 6 point EU
stations calling in.

Thanks to all for the QSOs, and great to see so many friends!
73 Darrell AB2E

Band     QSOs     Pts  Pfx  DX   Pt/Q
   3.5      15      66    1    2   4.4
     7     253    1163   12   12   4.6