[3830] FlQP K4LD SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 27 19:23:35 EDT 2020

                    Florida QSO Party - 2020

Call: K4LD
Operator(s): K4LD
Station: K4LD

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH:

   40:
   20:   16     26
   15:    6      1
   10:
--------------------
Total:   22     27  CW Mults = 14  Ph Mults = 20  Total Score = 2,414

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't intend on getting into this one - but some nudging from WK4U helped make
the decision easy. Trim bushes in the front yard in record heat? Or do some
contesting?

Good signals across both bands. I continue to get, "back in the swing of
things" with contesting. Maybe I'll even think something through before the
contest even starts?

Contesting with the Flex continues to be an interesting challenge... Toggling
between the logging program and the radio while S&Ping proved to be a chore.
My logging program will only send CW if the program is in focus... A wise friend
of mine once said "Keep your eyes on the computer - not the radio" -
that seems to be challenging with a Flex. Maybe a special "contesting"
FT-1000MP is in order? We'll see.

Flex 6300, Alpha 87A, TH-11DX