[3830] FlQP AB1J SOAB(A)Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 28 08:08:28 EDT 2020

                    Florida QSO Party - 2020

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:39

   40:   71      1
   20:   74     31
--------------------
Total:  145     32  CW Mults = 39  Ph Mults = 20  Total Score = 37,996

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I needed some cabin fever therapy and the FQP was the best medicine this
weekend. I'm partial to contests with lots of stations to work so I don't do
many QSO parties, but Florida is one of the big ones. I even did some SSB, which
I enjoyed more than usual. Maybe I should take my temperature.

I didn't expect to put in so much time but I did some garden work for my wife on
Saturday morning and carelessly hurt my back, so I took some pain pills and sat
in my operating chair the rest of the day working the FQP. Periodically I got up
and hobbled around the house and tried to stretch.

Conditions were poor, with many weak signals and deep diving QSB. Almost got the
bends. I operated 20m and 40m, but they weren't both open at the same time.

It's interesting to hear DX interest in QPs.  Ops like OM2VL, for example. Lots
of times I was beat out in pileups by DX. That's OK.

Look for me as W1W in the NEQP.

73 and stay safe and well,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+
20m attic dipole
40m outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog