[3830] NAQP CW K0VXU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 00:42:42 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KANSAS
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  791   156  Total Score = 123,396

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

K3, JK MidTri40, sloping VEE 80 M, Inverted L 160.

Somehow I got distracted at start of test and started late.  I never made up for
it either.

Strange band conditions in late afternoon when 20 propagation just left.
Went to 40 and it was the same. Checked 15 and there were a few sigals.  10
meters was also quiet - no activit. Too early for 80 meters, so I just slogged
through on 20.

The bright spot was 160  where my efforts at improving the Inverted L seemed to
have paid off.  I spent my last 1 1/2 hours on 160 and was pleasantly surprised
at how well the antenna worked.

Low bands were pretty noisy here but signals were strong enough to be copied.

So it goes.  I just hope there is a next time for me next year.  Maybe
propagtion will have picked up and there will be more activity on15 and 10.

Thanks to all who pulled me through the noise.  I am forever grateful.

73,
Russ