[3830] NAQP CW K8AJS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 05:56:26 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

   15:    3     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  644   137  Total Score = 88,228

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 2

Comments:

This was a fun run, and things for the most part went well. I'm still missing 15
meters due to the broken driven element at the feed point of my quad, not
reachable from the tower and not feasible at this time to take it down. I tried
to use a 40-meter inverted vee as a 3/2-wave 15 meter antenna, but didn't have
much success. Maybe I need to put up a vertical.

With a couple hours of time left, 80 meters wasn't showing much performance, so
I decided to take a look at 160, figuring I could spend a few minutes there to
see how it was and then come back to 80. What a surprise! I never got back to
80, and was happy with my 160 meter total when all was said and done. I'm
definitely not a big gun on 160, but in this contest it was a fun place to be.

To everyone I worked in the contest, thanks for the QSOs!

Rig: Elecraft K3 w/P3 100 watts
Antennas: 204-ft G5RV, 40/15m Inv Vee, 3 ele quad
Software: N1MM Logger+ v1.0.8560.0