[3830] NAQP CW W2RQ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 07:55:12 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W2RQ
Operator(s): W2RQ
Station: W2RQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nj
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  655   123  Total Score = 80,565

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Team: DFWCG Tamale

Comments:

Had not planned any real participation, as my usual contesting mostly Oct thru
March ARRL, plus Field Day and Sept Sprint.  But got sucked into participating
in a team, so I figured I'd get on a little.  First problem, WinTest was not
keying my radio, but I figured it didn't matter, since I wouldn't be on much
anyway, but sent an email to N6TV, figuring we'd work on that at a later date.
Phone rang almost immediately from N6TV:  after just a few minutes, using Team
Viewer, Bob had it going again, including radio control, which I never did have
working (recently had to do a "restore" on my computer, which blew
away previous stuff.  So that was fixed.  Then I get a text from our EMS
president:  it's my weekend for squad duty.  Ok, this operation might be a
complete bust.  But we only had one emergency during the event, so was able to
do some operating anyway.  And...NO auroral buzz, extreme thunderstorms, etc.