[3830] NAQP CW AE6JV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 12:15:34 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: AE6JV
Operator(s): AE6JV
Station: AE6JV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH

  160:    2     1
Total:  319   118  Total Score = 37,642

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #4

Comments:

It seems like the ionosphere was more cooperative than in the recent past.

I was operating from the family house in Peterborough, NH. It is isolated from
the neighbors, so there is very little RF noise. I had 3 antennas: 80M and
40/15M dipoles, and a 20M 2 element wire beam. Toward the end of the contest, I
was having trouble finding new stations to work on 80M, and decided to see what
the K3's wide range tuner would do with the 80M antenna on 160M. It got a good
match, and I managed to complete QSOs with Yuri, VE3DZ and Vlad, VE3JM. I never
managed any other stations on 160, so maybe I had a pipeline only to ON.

On of the highlights of this contest was contacting operators I knew on the west
coast. Having used the call K6EI many times during Field Day and California QSO
parties, contacting Jim himself at his country house in WA on 3 bands was
particularly sweet.

Thanks for all the QSOs and the good times.