[3830] NAQP CW WI9WI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 14:13:55 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Winter, WI

   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  739   164  Total Score = 121,196

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Yagi

Comments:

Started with a goal of 800 QSOs. Halfway through I was on track, but after going
to 40 I couldn't seem to get any traction. Eighty was better and yielded more
mults than 40. I got zero traction on 160....all QSOs were S&P and I wasted
some time trying to get a run. When the contest started there was a line of
storms moving in from NE MN and I was worried I would have to shut down for
lightening. Fortunately the storms abated somewhat and I was able to continue
operating,though the low bands were quite noisy, particularly 160. It was nice
to see 15 open, mainly Es to the east and southeast. Lots of QSOs, but mults
were lacking. It never really opened much to the west,and was gone by mid
afternoon. There were QSOs to be had on 10, but nobody was there. Good activity.
Thanks for all the QSOs.

73
Jim WI9WI