[3830] NAQP CW NR6O(@N6RO) M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 15:29:44 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): WD6T W9KKN K6AW WA6O N6RO K7GK
Station: N6RO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

   10:    4     1
-------------------
Total: 1400   232  Total Score = 324,800

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

This was another Radio Oakley hybrid multi, with everyone remote except Ken,
N6RO. We kept in sync via Slack, including following the online scoreboard
photo-finish race between us in Norther California and N5ZO in Southern
California. We appreciated having such a formidable West Coast competitor; many
thanks to Marko and Eric for a great effort and keeping us on our toes.

We used the name "GREG" in memory of our good friend, team member,
Field Day partner and passionate CW operator N6GD (Gregory DesBrisay), who
unexpectedly became an SK in July.

Band by band. . .

10m (stack) - Dave WD6T - Early issues kept us off the band until the second
hour, when we worked only locals. No openings.

15m (stack) - Denis K7GK - 15m was on fire here, with the best hourly rate of
the contest.

20m (stack) - Dave WD6T, Bill W9KKN - Strange conditions, with QRP stations from
CO booming in, East Coast weak, and Europeans strong.  Gradually,  domestic
conditions improved, but many ops had moved to lower bands.

40m (stack) - Steve K6AW, Mike WA6O - Darkness takes a long time to arrive in
the West in August NAQPs but when it finally does 40m becomes our second most
productive band.

80m (wire 4-square and quad) - Bill W9KKN, Dave WD6T - Even more of a waiting
game, but eventually produced a substantial(for California in summer) number of
mults.

160m (wire 4-square) - Ken N6RO - Crucial mults pulled out of the ether at the
last minute.

Many thanks to Chris N6WM, who prepared the station, repaired the 80m 4-square
on Friday, and got the remotes squared away in collaboration with Bill W9KKN
(who put significant milage on his car and himself delivering RemoteRigs.)
Thanks also to Gary NA6O, whose new RX antenna remote box saw its first contest
use in this contest.  And, of course, to Ken for hosting the whole shebang.

Hope to hear many of you on phone in 2 weeks.

Dave WD6T