[3830] 222Up KR1ST Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 15:41:06 EDT 2020

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2020

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN21FK
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:  13
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  60  Total Score = 19,651

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Rigs: IC-9700 (70cm, 23cm), IC-7300 + DEMI L222-28HP (135cm)
Pwr:  100W (135cm), 75W (70cm), 250W (23cm)
Ants: 10 elements 135cm yagi (222-10EZ)
      21 elements 70cm yagi (M2 432-6WL)
      67 elements 23cm yagi (Wimo SHF2367)

This was a nice relaxed contest. To me it is really is more of an activity
generating event than what I'd consider a real contest. Much depends on how
successful you are at generating skeds. I think I missed quite a few easy to
work stations, probably because I missed them on a chat page or some other means
to arrange a contact.

The conditions seemed flat to me. I had no equipment failures fortunately, but I
did learn that I need to add a LNA for 23cm as it seems that folks can hear me,
but I can't hear them. That's a first for me! It usually is the other way
around. It was a fun event with a good mix digital and traditional mode QSO's.

Looking forward to reading about it in QST in that half page article, or a full
page if we're really lucky! ;-) Hey, maybe by the time the ARRL gets around to
publishing the results we'll be done with this Covid-19 thing. Wouldn't that be
awesome?!

73,
--Alex KR1ST

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Pt/Q