[3830] NAQP CW K7RB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 16:00:06 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K7RB
Operator(s): K7RB
Station: K7RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Athens, ME
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5
Remote Operation

   15:    3     2
Total:  337   113  Total Score = 38,081

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFWCG Burrito

Comments:

Rig: K3, Ant: OCF Dipole @100’. Remote operation of station in Maine. Since
the CQ WPX CW contest in June I've been working on my CW proficiency. I bought
G4FON's contest trainer. It doesn't have an NAQP option, but the SKCC Sprint
trainer includes name & section, so I used that.

Saturday afternoon was mostly S&P on 20 which was excruciatingly slow for me
since spotting assistance isn't allowed & with remote operation I didn't
have a knob to spin. Tried running a couple times but with just a dipole in
Maine I couldn't hold a frequency. Saturday evening was different. Had a couple
short runs on 40, but a 90 minute run on 80 at 62 Q's / hr, which I felt was
good given this modest station in a remote corner of the US and my skill level.
Overall was an enjoyable experience.